Terms & Conditions
All prices, treatments and information are correct at the time of posting this website and are subject to change without notice.
The below has been updated to include a covid-19 risk assessment and requirements if attending an appointment at PrettyEdgy Nails.
By booking an appointment with PrettyEdgy Nails you agree to the following terms and conditions.
For the foreseeable future appointments will not be booked back to back. I will be implementing 15 minute gaps between each client. This will allow me to throughly clean the area and main touch points after one client leaves and before the next client arrives. It will also help prevent more than one client being in the property at the same time. This will be reviewed every 3 months or in-line with any Government updates.
Punctuality and Courtesy
- Due to covid-19 to prevent more than one client in the property at one time please wait for a text message, where you will be alerted that your nail artist is ready for treatment to start, before coming into the property. Please do not buzz to get through the black gates before you have received a text message.
- We always aim to have the treatment area and tools cleaned, disinfected and ready for your treatment on our agreed appointment time as shown on your confirmation text and/or email. So please still arrive on time. If for some reason we are running behind on appointments we will take into consideration how long it takes you to travel to our location and where possible always give you enough notice that you can delay your journey appropriately to prevent you having to wait outside longer than a couple of minutes.
- Please let PrettyEdgy Nails know via phone if you are going to be more than 5 minutes late to your appointment time slot. As a courtesy to other clients following your appointment, late arrivals will result in a reduced treatment time. PrettyEdgy Nails will endeavour to carry out what we can in the allocated time or arrange a re-booking.
- PrettyEdgy Nails is no longer accepting more than 1 client in the property per appointment. Therefore there will be no waiting area if you turn up to your appointment early. Even if the last client has already left we will need the extra time to fully clean all touch points before your arrival, so please bare this in mind when planning your journey. Please do not bring anyone with you to your appointment including children. If for any reason you would like to pop by to collect a gift voucher/patch test etc that you call to arrange a time slot first.
This will be reviewed every 3 months or in-line with any Government updates.
- Toilet facilities are available for you to use if needed, please use the provided disinfectant wipes to clean any touched surfaces behind you and dispose of these in the metal bin provided. Toilet facilities are thoroughly cleaned at the beginning and end of every day.
- You will be required to wash your hands before any treatment with us. We have a wash facility you can now use within the treatment area. You will be asked to wash your hands in this area before treatment commences. Hand sanitiser will also be available for you to use throughout the treatment.
- Please try not to touch anything once you have washed your hands and treatment has commenced. IF you need to use your phone please disinfect it on arrival with an IPA wipe provided for your use. These can be found on the nail desk. If you need to blow your nose (as of course we may be in season) please dispose of your tissue in the metal bin provided and wash your hands before commencing with the treatment.
As the majority of treatments are not possible with a distance of 1-2m you will be required to wear a mask during your appointment for the near future. You can wear your own mask (Please remember if they are disposable you need to wear a new mask and dispose of it after your treatment. If it has a washable filter, please ensure it is a fresh filter for your appointment). If you do not have a mask or have forgotten your mask a mask will automatically be provided at cost price of .60p per mask. Please ensure the mask is covering both your mouth and nose and that it fits comfortably before attending your appointment. If you need to adjust your mask during treatment please ensure you wash your hands before you remove it and before you place it back on. This will be reviewed every 3 months or in-line with any Government updates.
Cold or Flu Symptoms/Recent Travels
Cold/Flu Symptoms - If you show any cold or flu symptoms OR have been around anyone in the last 14 days who has displayed cold or flu symptoms please cancel and reschedule your appointment.
Recent Travels - If you have recently travelled from abroad please allow 14 days before attending an appointment. Please do not book an appointment during this time. This will be reviewed every 3 months or in-line with any Government updates.
Booking Fees, Cancellations and 'No Show' Policy:
- Please note 48 hours notice is required to cancel or rearrange your appointment. Any cancellations/rescheduling that occur with less than 48 hours notice will incur an automatic 50% charge to your card. If you don't attend your appointment with no prior notice a 100% fee will be charged. During Covid-19 this has temporarily been changed to 24 hours notice. This will be reviewed every 3 months or in-line with any Government updates.
When booking online you are agreeing to the terms and conditions of your card automatically being charged if you cancel/rearrange/no-show with less than 24 hours notice.
Payments accepted include cash or card (Visa, Mastercard American Express) on the day. Contactless accepted. No bank/PayPal transfers. Please try and pay by card only. The new contactless amount is £45. If you do wish to pay by cash to limit how much cash is being handled we will not be handling change. So please bring the exact amount if you wish to pay by cash.
Consultations and Patch Tests
- A consultation is compulsory for all treatments and is held at the beginning of your first appointment for nails or at the patch test appointment for HD Brows, Henna Brows, Lash Lifts and Lash Extensions. We will need your contact details, your: name, phone number, address, postcode and email address. We will also need information about your age and health in order for a treatment to go ahead. We need all the details above in order to ensure that it is safe for us to provide the treatments you may ask for and also for insurance purposes. We will store your information for 7 years after the date of your treatment, or for 7 years after you have reached the age of 18 if you are/were under 18 when your treatment took place. Our lawful basis for processing this personal information is ‘contract’, this means that we have a legal reason to ask you for your data because we need it for contractual reasons. You do not have to share your personal data with us, but if you do not we cannot offer you a treatment with PrettyEdgy Nails. You must fulfil your side of the contract (share your personal information) in order for us to fulfil ours (carry out treatment).
- The patch tests required for HD Brows, Henna Brows, Lash Lift & Tint and Lash Extensions are also compulsory. Failure to attend this appointment or apply your home patch test with photographic proof will mean your appointment for the treatment will be cancelled. We are very strict with this policy so even if you have had a patch test at a previous salon you will still need to have one done at PrettyEdgy Nails.
- Any positive results to a patch test will mean the appointment will either have to be cancelled or adjusted to avoid what you reacted to.
ALL DISCOUNTS AND LOYALTY CARDS ARE CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE DUE TO HAVING TO CLOSE AND LOOSING INCOME DURING COVID (This will be reviewed EVERY 6 MONTHS)
- Your chosen offer can't be used in conjunction with any other offer
- Only one offer can be redeemed in a day
- If a discount has been applied to your treatment a loyalty stamp will not be given
- Loyalty stamps are only valid for treatments over £20 and only one stamp per day
- If you have referred a friend the 50% off discount can only be redeemed after the friend has attended their appointment.
- All offers are subject to change without notice
- Gift vouchers are valid for 6 months only and can't be redeemed for cash
- PrettyEdgy Nails has the right to terminate any offer without notice
Christmas Booking Fee
The week leading up to Christmas overrides the above booking fee policy. for 7 days leading up to and including PrettyEdgy Nails last working day for the Christmas period we enforce quite a strict last minute cancellation/rescheduling policy. This does vary slightly from the standard policy so please ensure you read carefully, by booking your appointment in the Christmas period you agree to the following t&c: A £10 booking fee (redeemable against your treatment cost) will be required to secure your booking which will be none refundable/transferable if you cancel/reschedule with less than 72 hours notice. If your appointment is more than a two hour slot then 50% of the treatment cost will be required, still redeemable against your treatment, but none refundable/transferable if 72 hours notice isn't given for cancellation/rescheduling.
How PrettyEdgy Nails is Keeping You Safe (Covid-19 or not!)
- Hygiene is to the upmost importance to PrettyEdgy Nails. I follow a strict hygiene procedure for all tools, equipment, furnishings and hard surfaces.
- Your nail/brow artists hands will be washed before your arrival and a fresh pair of gloves will be worn throughout your treatment. After removal of their gloves they will wash their hands again, apply another fresh pair of gloves and clean/disinfect the treatment area and all touch points. These gloves will then be disposed of and hands washed again. This process is repeated for each client.
- Hospital grade Mundo hand gel sanitiser is available on request to all clients. Tested to BS EN 13727, BS EN 13624, BS EN 1500. Effective spectrum includes: Coronavirus, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Staphylococcus aureus, Enterococcus hirae, E-Coli, Candida albicans.
- Hands are also sprayed at least twice throughout all nail treatments with hospital grade Mundo hand and foot sanitiser spray. Tested to BS EN 13727, BS EN 13624, BS EN 1500.
Effective spectrum includes: Coronavirus, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Staphylococcus aureus, Enterococcus hirae, E-Coli, Candida albicans.
- This consists of all metal tools being washed in warm soapy water in an ultrasonic machine and soaked for a minimum of 10 minutes in Medistel between each client and 30 minutes at the end of every day. Medistel is a medical grade instrument disinfectant and steriliser. Medistel is manufactured in the United Kingdom to the highest standards conforming to BS EN ISO9001:2000 and BS EN ISO13485:2003. It also conforms to Medical Directive 93/42/EEC requirements and carries the CE Mark. Effecacy: Bactericidial (5 minutes), Fungicidal (10 minutes), Veridical (10 minutes), Tuberculocidal (30 minutes) and Sporicidal (30 minutes)
Every client has their own files and nail cleaning brush. These are washed in warm soapy water and disinfected with a Mundo disinfectant spray at the end of your appointment. Once dry they are stored in your own personal named pouch ready for your next appointment.
Tested to EN 14885, EN 14476, EN 14348, EN 13727, EN 13624. Efficacy: Bactericidal (60 secs), including MRSA, VRE. Yeasticidal (60 secs). Mycobactericidal (60 secs). Tuberculocidal (60 secs). Fungicidal (5 mins). Limited spectrum Virucidal (60 secs). Non-enveloped viruses: Murine norovirus, Adenovirus 5 and enveloped viruses to include: Hepatitis B virus (HBV), Hepatitis C virus (HCV), Hepatitis Delta virus (HDV), Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV), Influenza Virus (which includes human, avian and porcine influenza viruses), Coronavirus (including SARS and MERS), Herpesviridae, Filoviridae (which includes Ebola), Rubella, Rabies, Measles.
Hard Surfaces (Desk/Chair/LED Lamp/Door Handles/Light Switches/Bathroom Tap & Sink/Toilet Flush Button)
All other hard surfaces and furnishings are cleaned and disinfected between clients with a Mundo disinfectant spray tested to EN 14885, EN 14476, EN 14348, EN 13727, EN 13624. Efficacy: Bactericidal (60 secs), including MRSA, VRE. Yeasticidal (60 secs). Mycobactericidal (60 secs). Tuberculocidal (60 secs). Fungicidal (5 mins). Limited spectrum Virucidal (60 secs). Non-enveloped viruses: Murine norovirus, Adenovirus 5 and enveloped viruses to include: Hepatitis B virus (HBV), Hepatitis C virus (HCV), Hepatitis Delta virus (HDV), Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV), Influenza Virus (which includes human, avian and porcine influenza viruses), Coronavirus (including SARS and MERS), Herpesviridae, Filoviridae (which includes Ebola), Rubella, Rabies, Measles.
Your nail/brow artist will be wearing a mask for all treatments
I also run an air purifier continuously that is approved by Allergy UK and affective against airborne odours, chemicals, bacteria and viruses.
At the end of every working day the floor is hoovered and steam cleaned.
Please note: The communal area from the first brown door all the way to our front door is cleaned on a monthly basis by professional cleaners. Unfortunately, due to the constant footfall (clients, neighbours, delivery couriers etc) we can't control, monitor or clean this area ready for each client. Please be mindful of what you're touching when in the communal area. To be on the safe side we recommend you either use gloves when pressing the buzzers, opening doors, holding door handles, stair railings or pressing the lift buttons within this area. Your gloves can then be disposed of immediately before washing your hands in the metal bin provided or alternatively cover your hands by using a tissue and then disposing of this in the metal bin provided before washing your hands.
PrettyEdgy Nails takes the upmost care in minimising cross contamination. However, viral diseases such as the common cold and flu are inevitable especially in the winter months. If you have cold or flu symptoms or have been around anyone showing flu symptoms in the last 14 days please reschedule your appointment. Three groups of people are at risk of catching your illness if you arrive at PrettyEdgy Nails unwell: Following clients, my family and myself. There is also only one of me and if I get sick, no one will be able to get their nails done. If I or anyone in my household has cold or flu symptoms ALL appointments will be rescheduled.