Terms & Conditions
All prices, treatments and information are correct at the time of posting this website and are subject to change without notice.
By booking an appointment with PrettyEdgy Nails you agree to the following terms and conditions.
Punctuality and Courtesy
- Please let PrettyEdgy Nails know via phone if you are going to be more than 5 minutes late to your appointment time slot. As a courtesy to other clients following your appointment, late arrivals will result in a reduced treatment time. PrettyEdgy Nails will endeavour to carry out what we can in the allocated time or suggest a re-booking.
- PrettyEdgy Nails is a home based salon and is by appointment only, therefore we kindly ask that you do not arrive more than 5mins early to your appointment. If for any reason you would like to pop by to collect a gift voucher/patch test etc that you call to arrange a time slot first.
Booking Fees, Cancellations and 'No Show' Policy:
- Please note 48 hours notice is required to cancel or rearrange your appointment. Any cancellations/rescheduling that occur with less than 48 hours notice will incur an automatic 50% charge to your card. If you don't attend your appointment with no prior notice a 100% fee will be charged.
When booking online you are agreeing to the terms and conditions of your card automatically being charged if you cancel/rearrange/no-show with less than 48 hours notice.
Christmas Booking Fee
The week leading up to Christmas overrides the above booking fee policy. for 7 days leading up to and including PrettyEdgy Nails last working day for the Christmas period we enforce quite a strict last minute cancellation/rescheduling policy. This does vary slightly from the standard policy so please ensure you read carefully, by booking your appointment in the Christmas period you agree to the following t&c: A £10 booking fee (redeemable against your treatment cost) will be required to secure your booking which will be none refundable/transferable if you cancel/reschedule with less than 72 hours notice. If your appointment is more than a two hour slot then 50% of the treatment cost will be required, still redeemable against your treatment, but none refundable/transferable if 72 hours notice isn't given for cancellation/rescheduling.
Consultations and Patch Tests
- A consultation is compulsory for all treatments and is held at the beginning of your first appointment for nails or at the patch test appointment for HD Brows, Henna Brows, Lash Lifts and Lash Extensions. We will need your contact details, your: name, phone number, address, postcode and email address. We will also need information about your age and health in order for a treatment to go ahead. We need all the details above in order to ensure that it is safe for us to provide the treatments you may ask for and also for insurance purposes. We will store your information for 7 years after the date of your treatment, or for 7 years after you have reached the age of 18 if you are/were under 18 when your treatment took place. Our lawful basis for processing this personal information is ‘contract’, this means that we have a legal reason to ask you for your data because we need it for contractual reasons. You do not have to share your personal data with us, but if you do not we cannot offer you a treatment with PrettyEdgy Nails. You must fulfil your side of the contract (share your personal information) in order for us to fulfil ours (carry out treatment).
- The patch tests required for HD Brows, Henna Brows, Lash Lift & Tint and Lash Extensions are also compulsory. Failure to attend this appointment or apply your home patch test with photographic proof will mean your appointment for the treatment will be cancelled. We are very strict with this policy so even if you have had a patch test at a previous salon you will still need to have one done at PrettyEdgy Nails.
- Any positive results to a patch test will mean the appointment will either have to be cancelled or adjusted to avoid what you reacted to.
- Hygiene is to the upmost importance of PrettyEdgy Nails. I follow a strict hygiene procedure for all tools and equipment. This consists of all metal tools being washed in warm soapy water and soaked for a minimum of 10mins in Medistel, which is a medical grade instrument disinfectant and steriliser. Medistel is manufactured in the United Kingdom to the highest standards conforming to BS EN ISO9001:2000 and BS EN ISO13485:2003. It also conforms to Medical Directive 93/42/EEC requirements and carries the CE Mark. Files are washed in warm soapy water and sprayed with a Mundo disinfectant spray. All other hard surfaces and furnishings are cleaned and disinfected with a Mundo disinfectant spray tested to BS EN14476, BS EN13727, BS EN14204, BS EN13704, BS EN13624. Effective Spectrum: Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA), H1N1 Influenza A Virus, E-Coli, Pseudomonas Aeruginosa, Enterococcus Hirae, Mycobacterium Tuberculosis (TB), Clostridium Difficile (C-Diff) Vegetative Cell Formation (growing cells) of Gram Positive Organisms, HIV-1, Human Influenza B Virus (HIBV), Staphylococcus Aureus, Hepatitis C Virus (HCV), Aspergillus Niger, Candida Albicans. I also run an air purifier that is approved by Allergy UK and affective against airborne odours, chemicals, bacteria and viruses.
- PrettyEdgy Nails takes the upmost care in minimising cross contamination. However, some viruses such as the common cold are inevitable especially in the winter months. If you are sick please reschedule your appointment. Three groups of people are at risk of catching your illness if you arrive at PrettyEdgy Nails unwell. Following clients, my family and myself. There is also only one of me and if I get sick, no one will be able to get their nails done. I will always inform you if I have a cold etc and give you the choice of attending your appointment with that knowledge.
- Your chosen offer can't be used in conjunction with any other offer
- Only one offer can be redeemed in a day
- If a discount has been applied to your treatment a loyalty stamp will not be given
- Loyalty stamps are only valid for treatments over £20 and only one stamp per day
- If you have referred a friend the 50% off discount can only be redeemed after the friend has attended their appointment.
- All offers are subject to change without notice
- Gift vouchers are valid for 6 months only and can't be redeemed for cash
- PrettyEdgy Nails has the right to terminate any offer without notice
- Payments accepted include cash or card (Visa or Mastercard) on the day. Contactless accepted. No bank/PayPal transfers unless paid 2-3 days in advance of your treatment
- Please ensure you have the right amount of money for your appointment to pay on the day.